Thursday, 25 February 2010
Got this letter today from my fuel oil vendor:
Effective March 1, 2010Regulatory Compliance ChargeOverview
The regulatory compliance charge offsets a portion of the costs incurred by *** [company]
to comply with mandatory rules and regulations imposted by Federal, State, and local governments.
The charge covers some costs [of complying with]
governmental regulations related to... 1) Workplace and public safety; 2) Federal and local codes; and 3) Environmental protection. Listed below is a recent, but non-comprehensive, list of mandatory requirements affecting fuel suppliers...
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation Compliance
- Employee Training & Driver Qualifications
- Hazardous Material Training & Certification
- Environmental Protection / Oil Spill Regulations
- Equipment Testing & Safety Inspections
- Hazardous Materials Monitoring and Cleanup Funds
- Drug Testing (annual and random)
- Remote Control Shutdown System on Delivery Equipment
- Department of Homeland Security Regulations (Driver Regulations)
- Emergency Planning & Response
- O.S.H.A. Hazardous Communication Compliance
The regulatory compliance charge [will be]
applied to deliveries for residential and commercial customers.Frequently Asked QuestionsWhy are regulatory compliance charges becoming more common?
Today there are [more]
mandatory compliance issues and charges than ever before...Why do some energy companies have charges and others do not?
All energy companies are subject to the same regulations; however, some choose to embed these regulatory compliance costs in the price of fuel... At ****, we believe the fairest practice is to separate these charges out for your information.
What this means is that beginning next month I’m going to see a $2.82 line item on my delivery ticket. Lovely.
Posted by: Old Grouch in
| No Comments
| Add Comment
Post contains 240 words, total size 3 kb.
Comments are disabled.
Post is locked.
67kb generated in CPU 0.04, elapsed 0.1189 seconds.
51 queries taking 0.1 seconds, 207 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.